Jersey Cape is seeking an employment specialist for its Supported Employment Program in Cape May County, NJ. We provide supported employment services to individuals with disabilities in both Atlantic and Cape May Counties.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
• Manage assigned caseload to provide all units of service required for job seekers
• Match a job seekers’ interests and abilities with available jobs, companies, and industries; develop relationships with potential employers and nurture relationships with existing employers
• Conduct an assessment of each job seeker, including meeting with consumer, family, and other individuals to understand the individual’s total life experience, interests, skills, likes, and dislikes
• Develop, modify, and monitor results of the job seeker’s goals, fading assistance as job seeker becomes more independent
• Develop a quality resume for each job seeker that represents the totality of the person, not just their work history
• Support job seeker in obtaining interviews for identified jobs and attend interviews if needed
• Support participants currently employed to increase skills, abilities, hours, duties, and authority as desired by participant for career development
• Ensure that performance standards, goals, and services are met or exceeded
• Complete all necessary paperwork as required to meet policies and procedures
• Maintain communication and a working relationship with case managers, government agencies, and outside referral sources
The ideal candidate will be sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities, have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, possess experience in job analysis and counseling, and have knowledge of labor market trends and employment practices. 35 hours a week. Flexible schedule required. Employment contingent upon results of background, drug, and driver's license checks. Bilingual helpful.
About Jersey Cape
For over 45 years, Jersey Cape Diagnostic, Training, and Opportunity Center, Inc., also simply known as “Jersey Cape”, has promoted workforce development in Cape May County and has enhanced the region’s economy. We assist individuals of all abilities in acquiring work skills and employment. Much of this is done through training programs such as beach tag/badge and promotional product production, as well as various business services, such as packaging, staffing, and janitorial services. Jersey Cape is the nation's largest manufacturer of access control and revenue-generating tags/badges, with over 3 million produced annually. These training programs also, in turn, generate our revenue as we are a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit corporation. We are leading the way at the Jersey Shore in developing innovative and successful access control, promotional product, and business service solutions while assisting individuals of all abilities in succeeding in the region’s workforce. We are dedicated to your success.